1 green bell pepper, finely chopped.
1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped.
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped. *You want your bell peppers to equal at least 4.5 cups.
1/4 cup of jalapeno peppers, finely chopped.
1 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
1 package of fruit pectin or 1/3 a cup of bulk pectin.
5 cups of sugar.
- Get your water bath canner and add water about halfway.
- Clean and sterilize your mason jars and lids in boiling water.
- Finely chop the green, yellow and red bell peppers.
- Finely chop the jalapeno peppers.
- Add bell peppers and jalapeno peppers to a large pot.
- Add one cup of apple cider vinegar and the fruit pectin.
- Bring to a boil and continue the boil until you can no longer stir it down.
- Turn the heat down and add 5 cups of sugar.
- Again boil until it can no longer be stirred down. Remove from heat.
- Add mixture to mason jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Add lids and bands and add to the water bath canner.
- When water comes to a boil, time it for 10 minutes.
- After the time is up, turn the heat off and remove the jars.
- Leave jars alone for at least 24 hours. You should hear jars start to pop as the lids are being sealed.
This makes 5, 8 ounce jars of jars of jelly.
Higher altitudes require longer boiling times in the canner.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Southern, American
Keywords: Jalapeno pepper jelly, jelly, canning