2 9×13 inch pans of cubed cornbread
12 slices of bread, toasted and cubed
1/2 cup of butter – 1 stick
1 cup bell pepper, diced
2 cups celery, diced
8 cups of chicken or turkey broth
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. (177 C)
- Cool cornbread and toasted bread and cut into one-inch cubes.
- Saute vegetables in 1/2 of butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, add the cornbread, toasted bread, vegetables, and seasonings and mix well.
- Beat eggs and pour over the cornbread mixture.
- Add one cup of broth at a time and fold into the mixture. The mixture should be moist but not mushy.
- Spray 2 9×13 inch pans/ casserole dish.
- Divide the mixture into two and add to both pans.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and brown for 10 minutes.
You can make your dressing the day before and refrigerate overnight.
You can double wrap with aluminum foil and freeze.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Category: American
Keywords: #cornbread, #comfortfood, #homemade, #cornmeal, #Thanksgiving, #thanksgivingdressing,