My boss Carey gave me this recipe. We were sitting talking about food which we seem to be really good at discussing. Carey brought up that she had a recipe for chicken spaghetti casserole. It sounded wonderful so I asked her for the recipe. In true Carey fashion, she got a pen and her spiral notebook and started writing down the recipe from memory. Now, this handwritten recipe had a list of ingredients but only a few had actual measurements; the sign of a true chef, I went home and started to experiment. With some time and determination, I finally figured out how much of each ingredient you should have to get cooking and enjoy this delicious dish.
This recipe is for a big family and has 12 servings. If you want to freeze half, make sure you let it cool first so that the spaghetti fall over the place and you have nothing that resembles a casserole.
Carey’s Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 110 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Pound Whole Chicken
- 16 Oz Spaghetti
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 10 Oz Mushrooms
- 1 Can Rotel
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- Boil Chicken for 45 minutes or until tender.
Set aside and allow to cool.
When cooled pull chicken from the bone and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook spaghetti in the same pot as chicken using chicken broth to boil.
Drain when finished.
- In a separate pot, saute’ bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
When tender add Rotel to pot.
- Mix chicken, spaghetti, and ingredients from pot together.
- Pour into a 13 X 15 glass dish.
- Spread Cream of Mushroom soup on top.
- Sprinkle both shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Put in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
THE LIBRARY IS OPEN!
Subscribe to The Kindred Way to get access to the free printables library.
**You have an email coming shortly. If you do not receive it, check you spam file!!